Search This Blog

Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Anniversary...Happy Places....Good times...

This weekend in a nutshell was wonderful. My husband and I celebrated our 26th anniversary. We decided to kick it off with a trip to the racetrack which while it was fun, did not prove to be very fruitful.......no money won but we had a great time. We went on a Friday afternoon and discovered that we were the youngest people there and it made us feel like spring chickens ....which is not bad! The weather was gorgeous and we had a great time.

After that we went down to the trailer. The serenity there makes me feel so relaxed. I realized that this weekend besides celebrating the anniversary also included all my favorite places. When I arrive at the trailer it is like my body takes a huge deep breathe and lets it out. Very quiet, comforting and relaxing.

I actually planted plants this year and for me....that's a huge deal. I was amazingly surprised to see how well they were doing. Usually I have what I would consider a brown thumb....not a green one. I have received many plant gifts over the years only to watch them die.....I know they need water...I know they need TLC.....but plants are just not my forte......it's just another thing to be taken care of and when all is said & done as far as importance is concerned it does not rank high on my list. So...imagine my amazement and surprise this weekend to see my plants doing so well. I planted a tomato plant, pepper, lettuce and cucumbers...I figured if this all works out...we will have a salad! There is always the possibility that some wild animal will find my plants and eat them...and if so,...that's OK.

Saturday we went to our favorite eatery for lunch which we have been going to since we started dating. Barnegat has a great little restaurant with the best manhattan clam chowder....it is actually very close to my father-in-law's and that is really saying something cause his rank's as the best in my book! After that we spent about an hour or so on the beach....to me this is the best. Listening to the waves crashing on the beach is so calming...I could sit there for hours....it was so hot (95) and the water was so cold (58) that we could not do hours...plus there was no wind but the time we were there was relaxing. I love watching, listening and smelling the ocean.....

That evening we had the most delicious dinner ever in A.C. It was at a really nice restaurant that has been around since 1912. Valet service....excellent food...excellent drinks! For the first time I had a watermelon martini and it was delicious. We wrapped up the evening with a walk on the boards and my first purchase in a Lush store...which sells the most nicely scented soaps I have ever smelled.....all natural products.

I am blessed and lucky to have had this weekend and I hope my hubby knows how forever grateful I am for having spent it and the last 26 years with him. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Omigoodness, what a fabulous weekend you had...! Oh gosh. And Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby.

    You vacation place looks absolutely wonderful. That green shade you see on your computer monitor is my envious face. *heh*

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete