Search This Blog

Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Thinking....

Having a health issue right now. Went to the doctor today because it seems like I am having an issue with my breathing feeling heavy. BP was good and the EKG was good too, oxygen was good too. Need to go Monday for stress test & chest x-ray. Need to rule everything out to get to the bottom of it. Anyway, when I came home I was telling hubby and my son about my visit. I told them that the doctor asked me if I was "stressed" and I said "no more than usual". They both corrected me and told me that I should have said yes! This made me stop and think.....wow, I must be stressed. I guess when you think your handling it or just doing what everybody else does....maybe your not. It's time for me to stop, re-examine the causes of stress and take time to really think about how I can reduce it because when it starts making your health suffer....it's time to do something about it. This is something that won't be fast or won't be easy to do but I will have to do my best to either learn how to manage it better or by making a change. Before I come to any hasty decisions I will, however, find out what the results are of the medical tests I am having. However, I will now start examining the stress in my life and see if there is something I can do about it. Of course, it would require change and change is never easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment