Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

Thankful

OK, so I had a bad week and one way I thought I would make myself feel better is to write down all the things I am so thankful for:

My husband, my love, my best friend. We have been married for almost 26 years and we can have lots of fun, laughs and good times together……we are true soul mates who will love each other to the bitter end. I would be lost without him, he is my rock.

My kids. Truly blessed with 2 boys I am thankful for them and love them. They are both teenagers and can certainly make me laugh and cry for all different reasons. They both have their own unique qualities that make me admire them both. Of course they are teenagers and as quickly as we can love them…they can drive us crazy too. But no matter what my love for them will never end.

Mother. Speaking of mothers I am truly thankful for my own. She is 88 years old and she is still very easy going and not very demanding. She understands what it is like to be busy with your family & work and she appreciates every little thing you do for her.

My siblings. I am very thankful for all my sisters and brother. I have 4 sisters and one brother and I must say that we all get along quite well and we all get along with each other’s spouses very well too. When we get together we have a blast and we laugh….we laugh really loud! I have a special blessing to be thankful for and that is the fact that my brother’s tumor is shrinking (in his brain) and he is doing good….this blessing is beyond measure!

My in-laws. I have been very fortunate because my in-laws have welcomed me into their family from the very beginning with open arms. A lot of that probably has to do with the fact that they knew my parents and it paved the way for an easy in. They have always been good to me and I am happy for the good relationship I have with them.

All of my extended brothers/sisters. I am very blessed to have my husband’s brothers/sisters and consider them as such too…as a brother or sister. I have a special relationship with each and every one of them……all 6 of them. I love seeing them and have a good time with them all when I see them. But each relationship I have with all of them has their own unique history and that is what makes it so special to me. I get along with and love their spouses and their kids too...some of their kids are grown adults now and I love that I have now been staying in touch with them...it makes me smile when I think of it.

Work friends. Where would I be without my work friends who provide an ear when needed, cheer me up when I need it and just be true friends to me. I would be lost without them. They have helped me work through many problems….big and small.

All of my counted blessings came tonight in the form of family and friends….I am feeling better at having just made such a list and it was a nice reminder for me of what I really need to stay focused on.

No comments:

Post a Comment