Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Lack of customer service.

I am noticing a trend more and more these days and I must say I do not like it.  When I was a kid the saying was "the customer is always right".  It seems we have lost our way and we have totally forgotten what that means exactly.

If you are in the service industry then you would not be in business without your customer or your client.  Today it is the norm for a sales clerk to be rude, half pay attention while waiting on you, texting on their phone and then "oh your here", or busy talking with their co-workers.  What has this world come to when the customer has moved to the back burner?

If you have ever had the opportunity to call a State Office, Township, Federal Government or any School, College or otherwise then you will also understand what I am talking about.  You almost have to beg them to help you.  But the what they are missing is....if it weren't for the tax paying citizens they would be out of a job!  You would think this would make them syrupy and sweet?  I do not find that to be the case.

I don't like to generalize because not all the time is it that way and I know there are people who cater to their customers and I love when I find them.  YOU are what makes me keep coming back.  Those of us who LOVE great customer service need to honor those businesses and leave behind those lacking in caring or showing respect to their customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment