Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A very special Aunt

My last post was about my birthday dinner.  My birthday followed that following Tuesday and it started as a good day with well wishes and gifts from co-workers.....I love that we celebrate our birthdays like this...we are always like kids when we get our gifts.  The afternoon was a little less joyful...while eating lunch I received a call that a very special Aunt had died.  I was heartbroken.

She had a very special place in my heart.  She was my husband's Aunt and while we were dating and I was working at a Camp (in the Camp office) she would bring my husband there to go swimming with me while I was on break.  I always thought that was the sweetest thing for her to do...so thoughtful and considerate.  Her kindness did not end there you see....she was kind to everyone, she cared about everyone and she gave, gave, gave of herself.  She is someone you will just never forget.  She immersed herself in her family but anyone she knew that needed a helping hand she was always there for them.  She was always happy and cheerful no matter what her troubles were and never had an unkind word for anyone.  I feel truly blessed having known her and I feel as I look back on her life......that it makes me want to be a better person.  To take the time to help people more, to be cheerful as much as possible, to make others happy with small things and to try not to get angry over anything.

Aunt Ethel was an Angel on earth and I am truly convinced she is now flying among the Angels up above.  She will be truly missed on earth and even though she left us too soon she certainly left a lasting impression.

Missed but never forgotten.............  

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post for a beautiful person! I feel lucky to have known her.

    ReplyDelete