Search This Blog

Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Goodbye Europe

Dam....we waited as long as possible this year to turn our heat on.  Finally turned it on last week only to discover that our house was cold in the morning.  Repair man came last night and said it was DEAD.  Ugh.....now we have the undaunting task of getting prices for a new heater but we can't drag our feet too long as the temps will continue to plummet.  We do have a gas fireplace on our front porch which has been our salvation.

This really bugs the hell out of me cause I was attempting to save money for a trip to Europe while my son was over there and as it is already it has been a struggle.  Right now we need a new dishwasher and a new fridge.  Talk about everything falling all apart at once!!!  Why...why...why now must our heat go on us!!

I suppose we could all sleep around the fireplace the entire winter and then enjoy a nice trip to Europe?  And hey, who needs clean dishes and cold food?  Unfortunately my more practical side is kicking me in the ass and saying.....YOU DO!!

3 comments:

  1. I know how it goes, it seems everything around me is breaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, that stinks. I'm kind of going through the same thing here. I hate it when the "need to"'s push the "want to's" aside.

    ReplyDelete