Search This Blog

Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

This is how the Pioneers did it....

I am starting to get the hang of this thing where we have no heater.  With our busy schedules and having people come in and giving us estimates and trying to narrow down which heater best suits us...it has been a long process.  We made our decision now and we are waiting for final installation date now.

As I was saying......I am starting to get used to it.  I am actually thinking this is it what it was like many many many years ago.  I wake early in the morning and fire up the gas fireplace then I hop back into bed to warm up and until the rest of the house reaches a good temp.  We leave it running full blast until we go out then off it goes.  Returning home...it's back on again.....then off at bedtime and the cycle begins again on another day.

Only difference is many moons ago it would be a wood burning fireplace and some poor sap probably had to run outside to get another log!  At least I am just throwing on a jacket firing up the heat and running back to a warm bed.   I guess I should thank my lucky stars I am not churning the butter and making the dough for the bread.

1 comment:

  1. I, for one, could never be a pioneer woman, not the blogging one either ;)

    LOL.

    ReplyDelete