Search This Blog

Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Neighborly...

I've lived in my community for my whole life and I have lived in my neighborhood for 22 years.  My neighbor has decided to rent out the house next door.  Up until now it's been OK...all the people have been nice to as...and we have to them.  That's how we operate.  In the dead of winter when that huge snow comes...and my hubby gets the snow blower out...he helps everyone on the street.  When my next door neighbor was away from home for 2 summers because his mother was ill and had passed away....I mowed his law all summer long.  When the neighbor on the corner needed help carrying something...my husband was there.  This how we are...this is how we were brought up...be kind, be caring and most of all think of others before yourself.

So a new rental neighbor moves in.  We say hello welcome to the neighborhood.  My adult children are home one weekend and had music playing loud...instead of walking over and asking if they could turn it down.....which they would have....they call the police.  When the police arrive there is no loud music present at the time but they still come to the house and tell my boys that the neighbors complained.  My kids are not the kind that would talk nasty to a neighbor or anyone else asking them to do this.  They don't talk to older adults that way. That's how we brought them up.

The other night about 1am my older aging dog woke me and needed go out.  My son was still up so I asked him to please let the dog out.  He lets the dog out for about 15 minutes.  The dog barked to come back in a few times.  He lets the dog in.  Sits down and looks up and there are the police at my door.  The neighbors complained about the dog barking.  My son told the police officer he is an aging dog that needs to go out frequently during the night.

Argh.  Really.  You know I am a very tolerant person but these people are pushing me over the edge. When you already have so many other things going on in your life...namely my husband's health is a constant worry...then having neighbors like this just makes you want to move.  BUT wait...I have lived here for 22 years and have always been a good neighbor.  I do the right thing...I am considerate...and now this person wants to rock my world at a time that is already very stressful.

We called and talked to the police and especially given the fact that when they arrived both times...there was no noise and there was no barking going on, they seem to agree that this is harassment.  One more call and we will file charges against them for harassment.  I don't need people like this in my life at a time like this.  We are good people and will help anyone when needed.  Why do people have to come and do things like this?  Why, why, why!!???

1 comment:

  1. I find that so very sad, not to mention upsetting. It would take so little for them to have a conversation with you...a friendly one at that. I'm sorry, it seems that manners have gone by the wayside. You don't need to fret over inconsiderate neighbors...keeping you in my thoughts..;j

    ReplyDelete