Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Remotes

We have too many remotes.  To turn the TV and cable box on you need Remote #1 (from the cable company), we have the one that came with the TV Remote #2,  we have one that controls our DVD player which is Remote #3 and then we have one that controls sound system which is Remote #4.

In order to watch a DVD first you need to use Remote #1 then you have to change channel with Remote #2 and operate said DVD with Remote #3 and adjust volume with #4......is it me or does anyone else find this totally crazy!  I did not even include Remote #5 & Remote #6.....#5 goes to the Wii player and #6 goes to the old/outdated VCR!

Misplace 1 remote and the whole system crumbles.  I am not a TV addict but I do like to watch the news in the morning, hear traffic updates and then do the same thing when I get home.  Seriously I say to myself ...how the hell do the elderly keep this remote thing straight!  My in-laws are in their 80's and my Mom is almost 89.......I suppose just the fact that they can get the TV to turn on is a pure miracle!!

2 comments:

  1. This made me laugh out loud...! I actually picked up one of my remotes the other day when the phone started ringing.

    Hello????

    *heh*

    ReplyDelete