Search This Blog

Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Indian Summer

Hitting 80 degrees yesterday was such a treat.  We put the top down on the Porsche and rode down the shore ....wind in the hair...sun on the face....we hopped on the boat and went for an end of the Summer fall ride....had lunch out on the water and then headed to our trailer....cleaned up some leaves and chatted with our neighbors.....rode top down home.  It was all so bittersweet.  Nice day....great weather....knowing it is all coming to a crashing end is what makes it so bitter.  I love Indian Summer days ....love pumpkin everything....but what I hate is cold weather, wearing a coat and general drab weather that comes with it.  I'm just not designed for it.  I really should be living someplace where it is warm year round and where you can do summer activities all year long.  Goodbye summer days, goodbye boat, goodbye trailer, goodbye convertible.....I'm hoping for an extended Indian Summer one that lasts well into December.  Past history has taught me that it won't happen that way.  But a girl can dream...can't she?

1 comment:

  1. oh how I love Indian Summer. I'm afraid ours has already passed and the long dreary days ahead seem to make me restless. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete